Apply for our 2017 Summer Internships.
All applications for early acceptance must be received/postmarked by Feb. 24, 2017.
All applications for regular acceptance must be received/postmarked by April 14, 2017.
Post a flyer on your drama callboard!
Read an article interviewing a past participant!
SFMT's Internship program provides exciting opportunities for college students and recent graduates to gain hands-on experience in several areas of theater production. We provide students with a wide range of production experiences that will enhance their options as theater practitioners. An SFMT internship may be of particular interest to those seeking an intensive experience in the process of producing original new works. All prospective summer interns should also consider applying for the Troupe's Summer Workshop which will both enhance and reinforce your summer experience.
An internship with the Mime Troupe offers unique insight into a collectively-run organization producing socially-conscious, issue-driven theater. Since our performances are free and held in public parks, interns have a chance to work with diverse audiences in a multitude of environments - emphasizing teamwork and creative problem solving - and to participate in the realization of the mission and goals of the company.
The Mime Troupe offers a variety of internships, both full and part-time; the actual hours and duties will be finalized with your internship acceptance. To inquire about administrative support during non-production months (October thru April) please email the General Manager. To inquire about Youth Theater internships (Nov-April) please email the YTP Project Director. The bulk of our internships occur during the summer months (May-September). For a complete list of summer internships, see below.
THE SUMMER INTERNSHIPS WE OFFER ARE:
We may not offer all of these internships each summer based on applicant selection.
▼ASSISTANT STAGE MANAGER (ASM)
▼ASSISTANT TOUR MANAGER (ATM)
▼COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT (CE)
▼COSTUME DESIGN (COSTUME)
▼SCENIC DESIGN/TECHNICAL DIRECTION (SCENIC)
▼SOUND DESIGN/ENGINEERING (SOUND)
SUMMER INTERN EXPECTATIONS AND COMPENSATION:
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
- Summer Internships run roughly from May - September. If needing to return to college, internship can terminate at the end of August. Interns must be available (not have conflicts) for this entire period of time in which their internship takes place. (if there are scheduling conflicts, indicate on application for review)
- Interns receive a stipend of $50 per week and one free meal on performance days in the parks
- Interns will have an irregular schedule including evenings, nights and weekends.
- Interns are expected to show excellent logistical/organizational skills, strong time management, ability to work independently and as part of a team, have excellent verbal and written communication.
- Interns are not encouraged to look for part-time work during the internship period.
- Interns may also participate in the Summer Workshop
- Visit the Summer Program FAQs and the SFMT General FAQs for more information.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT: Please note, applications missing any of the required documents will not be considered.
- College undergraduate, graduate students and recent graduates.
- Anyone open to new ideas, new experiences and new people.
- People of color and/or diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- People who want to be part of a team and have a passion for creative social justice work.
- Completed Internship Application
- A cover letter
- Letter of recommendation
- Two references with current contact information
- Portfolio or work samples (optional, but encouraged)
All applications for early acceptance must be received/postmarked by Feb. 24, 2017
All applications for regular acceptance must be received/postmarked by April 14, 2017
Please mail all application materials to:
SF Mime Troupe
Attn: Internship Coordinator
855 Treat Ave.
SF, CA 94110
Thank you for your interest in our internship program!
If you have any questions after reading this and our FAQ pages contact:
Karen Runk at email@example.com